Re: Planner Row Estimate with Function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Planner Row Estimate with Function
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Fork <mfork00@yahoo.com> writes:
> I have an index scan on a custom function that is returning a wildly incorrect row estimate that is throwing off the
restof the query planning.  The result of the function is roughly unique - there are a handful with multiple entries -
butthe planner is estimating 227,745 rows.  I re-ran ANALYZE on the table and the results did not change.  Any
suggestionson how to get more accurate planner result?

What PG version is this exactly?

Also, what happened to the type='CREDIT' condition in your query?  Is
that a partial index?

            regards, tom lane