Re: strange query behavior - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: strange query behavior
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Tim Jones" <TJones@optio.com> writes:
> The tables for theses queries are vacuumed and analyzed regularly. I
> just did an analyze to be sure and here are the results

There's something pretty wacko about the choice of plan in the slow case
--- I don't see why it'd not have used the same plan structure as for
the IN case.  It's coming up with a cost a lot higher than for the
other, so it certainly knows this isn't a great plan ...

Which PG version is this exactly?  Are you running with any nondefault
planner parameters?

            regards, tom lane