Re: Joshua Drake's "What MySQL Can Learn From PostgreSQL" talk at MySQL Con 2008 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Brad Nicholson
Subject Re: Joshua Drake's "What MySQL Can Learn From PostgreSQL" talk at MySQL Con 2008
Date
Re: Joshua Drake's "What MySQL Can Learn From PostgreSQL" talk at MySQL Con 2008
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 10:38 -0700, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> JD's talk and slides:
> http://www.commandprompt.com/blogs/joshua_drake/2008/04/what_mysql_and_really_sun_can_learn_from_postgresql/
>
> Review of the talk:
> http://www.bytebot.net/blog/archives/2008/04/17/what-mysql-can-learn-from-postgresql

Interesting reads.

I have to agree with the part about lack of in place upgrades.  I would
have say that that is the single biggest thorn in our PG using side here
at Afilias.  Upgrading the data layer via Slony is a **massive**
undertaking.

Brad.