Re: Which file does the SELECT? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Which file does the SELECT?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vaibhav Kaushal <vaibhavkaushal123@gmail.com> writes:
> So if I am not wrong, I will have to understand the whole querying process
> in detail? If it is so, then where do I start from?

If you haven't seen it already, this is a good place to start:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/overview.html

There's also some stuff in src/tools/backend/ that tries to summarize
which subdirectories of the source tree do what.

Also, many subsystems have README files in the source tree.
It sounds like you might like to look at src/backend/executor/README.

But in the end there's no substitute for reading source code...