Re: Install Postgresql on Win2000 with Admin Rights - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Install Postgresql on Win2000 with Admin Rights
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 08:28 +0100, Stefan Sturm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried everything to get init_db working, but I failed :-(
> So I tried another way. I tried Veriosn 8.2. With 8.2 I got another
> DLL missing. So I tried 8.1.
> And look, it works :-) No DLL problems.
>
> But now init_db tells me, that the PostgreSQL Server can't be started
> with admin rights.
> Is there a way to do it?

Not in 8.1. 8.2 added support for starting as admin. For 8.1, you need
to create a user that's not an admin user for the service to run under,
and make sure you set the permissions properly for it to access the data
directories.

//Magnus