Re: Auto Partitioning Patch - WIP version 1 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Auto Partitioning Patch - WIP version 1
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 11:18 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I think it is unwise to wait on Gavin for a more complex implemention
> ---  we might end up with nothing for 8.4.  As long as your syntax is
> compatible with whatever Gavin proposed Gavin can add on to your patch
> once it is applied.

The patch as stands does little apart from bring together many DDL
statements into one. Partitioning is much much more than this so there
seems little reason to think we should rush to commit this, especially
before we get some good docs that explain what it does, and why.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com