Re: 7.2 stuff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.2 stuff
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> How far off is 7.2?  Ages?

Hopefully not.  I'd like to see us get back on a reasonably short
release cycle, like every six months or less --- the last couple
major release cycles have been painfully long.

So, maybe beta around Aug-Sep?

Not speaking on behalf of core here; we haven't discussed release
schedule at all yet.  Just my personal $0.02.

> * Check that pgclass.relfkeys is being set correctly.
>     - Is pgclass.relfkeys being used at the moment?

A quick glimpse shows not.  I have a personal todo item to fix
relhaspkey, which isn't implemented either.  Feel free to fix this
one if it bugs you.  (Note: it might be harder than it looks; think
about race conditions when different backends are adding/dropping
keys concurrently.)

> * MOVE ALTER CODE FROM heap.c/command.c INTO alter.c
>     - I get the feeling I'm filling up heap.c with lots of alter table crud
> that is beginning to need its own file?

Code beautification efforts are always worthwhile IMHO.