Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.0 RPMs are available for download - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.0 RPMs are available for download
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 00:20 -0600, Pepe Barbe wrote:
> I am interested in deploying PG 8.3.0 on one of our in-house appliance
> product that is managed using RPMs and openSuse. Will there be RPMs
> for Suse from PostgreSQL or should I wait until Suse releases their
> own RPMs?

Our project does not include SuSE "for now". I have built some binaries
(like Slony-I and PostgreSQL) for OpenSuSE, but honestly I don't have
any intention to support SuSE for now (already out of time).

Looks like SuSE is not updating PostgreSQL binaries that much:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/postgresql/

I CC'ed this e-mail to Reinhard, who is (still?) responsible for
PostgreSQL packaging @ SuSE.

You are welcome to switch to Fedora/RHEL/CentOS btw ;)

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Attachment