Re: 'DROP INDEX' kills stored rpocedures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 'DROP INDEX' kills stored rpocedures
Date
List pgsql-general
"scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> Don't make assumptions like that.  In postgresql, DDL is transactionable.

I think his actual problem is that plpgsql cached a query plan for some
command while the index was in place, and then on a later re-execution
of the function, it tried to re-use the cached plan.  This is a general
problem that we know we need to fix sooner or later --- cached plans
need to be invalidated when there are DDL changes to the underlying
tables, views, etc.

            regards, tom lane