Re: PostgreSQL does not choose my indexes well - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL does not choose my indexes well
Date
List pgsql-performance
> I'm pretty suspicious that they've made some odd planner configuration
> changes or something along those lines to end up with the plan they got,
> or there's some reason we don't think we can use the partial index.

Yeah, the latter is definitely a possibility.  I find the apparently
unnecessary cast in the partial-index predicate to be suspicious ---
maybe that's blocking matching to the WHERE clause?  In principle
the useless cast should have gotten thrown away, but maybe what we
were shown isn't quite exactly the real DDL.

            regards, tom lane