allow trigger to get updated columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject allow trigger to get updated columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This is a change to make the bitmap of updated columns available to a
trigger in TriggerData.  This is the same idea as was recently done to
generated columns [0]: Generic triggers such as tsvector_update_trigger
can use this information to skip work if the columns they are interested
in haven't changed.  With the generated columns change, perhaps this
isn't so interesting anymore, but I suspect a lot of existing
installations still use tsvector_update_trigger.  In any case, since I
had already written the code, I figured I post it here.  Perhaps there
are other use cases.

[0]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/b05e781a-fa16-6b52-6738-761181204567@2ndquadrant.com

Attachment