Re: RAID + PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Franz.Rasper@izb.de
Subject Re: RAID + PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
I have here HP DL 380 G3 und HP DL 380 G4. (here Smart Array 5i and Smart
Array 6i)
Maybe there are problems with old linux kernel (but as far as i know >
2.4.27)
I dont know about such performance problems, maybe the conrollers are faster
under windows.

The battery backup write cache are very import for inserts.

You should use for performance test with dd under linux larger blocksizes,
but you should compare postgresql under linux and windows (selects, update,
inserts, etc.)

Greetings,

-Franz