AW: RE: Row Versioning, for jdbc updateable result sets - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: RE: Row Versioning, for jdbc updateable result sets
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> "Dave Cramer" <dave@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> > Can the version # of
> > the row be made available to the client?
>
> There is no "version # of the row" in postgres, unless you
> set up such a
> thing for yourself (which could certainly be done, using triggers).

And in addition there is no row version in SQL in general.
So I have the question whether it is actually intended to solve
updateable result sets with proprietary row versions, or whether
someone implemented it that way to optimize concurrent access for
another db system, that blocks readers ?

Andreas