AW: User functions and AIX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: User functions and AIX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> IBM is trying to find the answer to this but I thought I would throw
> this out here to see if anyone can help me.  I am compiling a user
> defined type on AIX and it fails when I try to use it.  The type is
> chkpass and it is in the contrib directory.  It fails with a core dump
> at line 88 in chkpass.c.  The line reads as follows.
>
>     result = (chkpass *) palloc(sizeof(chkpass));
>
> The top of the backtrace looks like this.
>
> #0  0x0 in ?? () from (unknown load module)
> #1  0xd1087a60 in chkpass_in (fcinfo=0x0) at chkpass.c:88
> #2  0x10045cf4 in or_clause (clause=0x0) at clauses.c:211
> #3  0x10075d68 in int82ge (fcinfo=0x1015cfc8) at int8.c:343
> #4  0x1005909c in _readArrayRef () at readfuncs.c:924
> #5  0x10059b68 in _readSeqScan () at readfuncs.c:600
>
> It looks like the dynamically loaded object (chkpass.so)
> can't determine
> the address of palloc() from the parent.  I assume I need a
> flag for the
> compile either on the main build to export the addresses or
> on the build
> of chkpass to tell it where to look up the addresses.  Anyone been
> through this that might be able to shed some light?

Tell me your link line, OS and compiler version.
And have you forgotten to include -bI:postgres.imp ?
In general it is imho a good idea to copy the appropriate
compile and link flags from the regression test, that compiles
shared libs in .../contrib.

Andreas