AW: pg_index.indislossy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: pg_index.indislossy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > Can someone tell me what we use indislossy for?

Ok, so the interpretation of this field is:A match in the index needs to be reevaluated in the heap tuple data,since a
matchin the index does not necessarily mean, that the heap tuplematches.If the heap tuple data matches, the index must
alwaysmatch.

A very typical example for such an index is a hash index. This might explain the
fact, that the ODBC driver misinterpreted that field as meaning that the index is a hash.
The field has nothing to do with partial index.

Andreas