AW: AW: timeout on lock feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: AW: timeout on lock feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Added to TODO:
> >     * Add SET parameter to timeout if waiting for lock too long
>
> I repeat my strong objection to any global (ie, affecting all locks)
> timeout.  Such a "feature" will have unpleasant consequences.

Except that other people like myself, see those consequences
as a pleasant thing :-) And we are talking about something that has to be
requested by the client explicitly (at least in a default installation).

It simply does make sense for an interactive client to not block
more than ~ 30 seconds.

Andreas