AW: Re: [BUGS] Turkish locale bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: Re: [BUGS] Turkish locale bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Anyway, your proposal is just fine since we haven't decoupled these
> > things farther back in the server. But eventually we should hope to have
> > SQL_ASCII and other character sets enforced in context.
>
> Now I'm confused.  Are you saying that we *should* treat identifier case
> under ASCII rules only?  That seems like a step backwards to me, but
> then I don't use any non-US locale myself...

I think we need to treat anything that is not quoted as US_ASCII,
iirc this is how Informix behaves. Users wanting locale aware identifiers
would need to double quote those, thus avoiding non ASCII case conversions
alltogether.

Andreas