switching txlog file in 7.1beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject switching txlog file in 7.1beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
when doing txlog switches there seems to be a problem with remembering the
correct = active logfile, when the postmaster crashes.

This is one of the problems I tried to show up previously:You cannot rely on writes to other files except the txlog
itself!!!

Thus the current way of recording the active txlog seg and position in
pg_control is busted, and must be avoided. I would try to not use pg_control
for this at all, but scan the pg_xlog directory for this purpose.

cusejoua=# update journaleintrag set txt_funktion=trim(txt_funktion);
FATAL 2:  write(logfile 0 seg 2 off 4612096) failed: No such file or directory
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
  before or while processing the request.

Andreas

PS: I am using -F (bad boy that I am :-)