Re[4]: WTF is going on with PG_VERSION? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexey V. Borzov
Subject Re[4]: WTF is going on with PG_VERSION?
Date
Latest JDBC Driver? Where?  ("Mike Cannon-Brookes" <mcannon@internet.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello Tom,

TL> There is also supposed to be a PG_VERSION file in each database
TL> subdirectory.

TL> If you accidentally deleted one of these per-database PG_VERSION files
TL> then future connects to that database would fail with the above
TL> message.  To recover (assuming that was your only mistake), copy the
TL> top-level PG_VERSION into the subdirectory.

Nope, that's not the problem. I just checked and every DB has its own
PG_VERSION. Besides, _all_ of the databases are accessed on regular
basis (I'm speaking of a website), but the crashes occur only once in
a while (like, once a week)...

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov