Re: replication in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: replication in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 07:25 -0600, Jeff Larsen wrote:
> > Someone is working on extending the current system to allow read-only
> > queries on a standby server [1], thus making it a "hot standby", but
> > this feature apparently won't be included until 8.4 [2].
>
> My 2 cents...
>
> I would rather see someone working on true synchronous replication,
> rather than a readable hot-standby. Yeah, I know, different problems
> with different solutions. But,. for my money

Well, I'm looking for sponsors to allow me to work on synchronous
replication, amongst other issues. It looks like its going to have to be
user companies, rather than vendors that sponsor these things.

I've got the plans, I just need the time to execute them.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com