Re: lists topic change

From: Simon Riggs
Subject: Re: lists topic change
Date: ,
List: pgsql-www

Tree view

lists topic change  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: lists topic change  (Alvaro Herrera <-ip.org>, )
 Re: lists topic change  (Simon Riggs, )
  Re: lists topic change  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: lists topic change  (Andrew Sullivan, )

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 16:57 -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 01:49:27PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > You were asked not to post to an EU list about a non-EU topic by two
> > > people, with nobody supporting your position.
> > >

> > What in gods name are you talking about? I wasn't pushing a "position"
> > something that in your blind stubbornness you have yet to figure out. I
> > was trying to understand the scope of the list which *is not documented
> > anywhere*
>
> I'd really like to suggest that we avoid re-hashing the argument from there
> here.

Agreed.

> Josh claims not to have found the old description clear, and I am not sure I
> can see evidence that his view is unreasonable: if you weren't already on
> the list, you might well not have known what it was all about.  Therefore,
> he has proposed a clearer description.  If you don't like his clearer
> description, I urge you to provide a patch to that text.

IMHO no change is required.

If a change of definition is desired, then perhaps the EU list is the
right place to discuss it? My view may not be that of the majority.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com