Re: [HACKERS] Connection Pools and DISCARD ALL - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Connection Pools and DISCARD ALL
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 21:50 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> > > Could we maybe have some flavor of ROLLBACK that doesn't issue a warning
> > > if no transaction is in progress? There is precedent for this sort of
> > > facility - DROP ... IF EXISTS.
> >
> > Something that would actually be doable for 8.3 would be to downgrade
> > this particular WARNING to a NOTICE.  A DBA who hasn't got
> > log_min_messages set higher than NOTICE hasn't really got a lot of room
> > to whine about bulky logs.
>
> I have developed the attached patch to implement this.  I assume we want
> to change ABORT outside a transaction from WARNING to NOTICE, but not
> COMMIT.

Patch looks fine to me.

I've been trying to track down the code in the PHP interface that issues
it and see if we can make a version specific change. The code I'm
looking at now has already got that change, so I'm trying to understand
whether or not it works correctly.

But either way, I think the change is appropriate.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com