Re: xlogdump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: xlogdump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 10:54 +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:

> Incidentally I would like to call xlog.c:RecordIsValid() which is currently a
> static function. Any objection to exporting it? It doesn't depend on any
> external xlog.c state.

You'll have some fun with that because most of the stuff in xlog.c
depends upon module-level state.

We should change that, but I'd like to see Florian's code go in first
then refactor things.

If you change those programs too much we'll need completely separate
programs for each release, which might be a bad thing.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com