Encoding pltcl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From gantner@infolex.at (Felix)
Subject Encoding pltcl
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm usig postgresql 7.3 in a database project and have to generate
some documents from the databese. I use pltclu stored procedures to
produce them (read data from the tables, generate latex file data,
save data in file, execute pdflatex, copy pdf into users samba
directory)

Unfortunately I have a problem with the tcl-encoding. Whenever I
perform any string-operations (eg append data for output to a string)
the data are translatet to utf-8-encoding. When I save them in a file,
utf-8 data is saved, when I show them on a windows client, the utf-8
data are on the screen.

Now I use a perl-script for transforming the data in the files from
utf-8 to latin1, but I thinmk, that is not a really good solution. The
transformation utf-8 - ascii should be supported by pltcl.

In tclsh I have a lot of encodings. When I list the encodings in
pltcl, I only have 3 (utf-8, identity, unicode), so I can't .

Does anybody knkow, how to change the default encoding in pltcl? How
do I add Litin1 as encoding in pltclu? Is there any other possibility
for transforming data from utf-8 to latin1 in pltcl?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Felix