Re: strange message from pg_dumpall - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joao Miguel Ferreira
Subject Re: strange message from pg_dumpall
Date
List pgsql-general
> | system("su postgres -c \"pg_dumpall --clean > some_file\"");
>
> I'd try "su - postgres ..."; this will use postgres' environment here.

That was a good one but still didn't work....

> | this is run from within a Perl module called from within a Perl script.
> |
> | I've tried the same command directlly on the shell and it works fine.
> | But from the perl script it complaints about pg_dump !!!???
>
> What does "type -a pg_dump" output? Maybe it's a leftover from an

it returns /usr/bin/pg_dump, just like 'which pd_dump' does !!!

well, never mind I found a diferent solution... I run the command from
within a shell script and just have the Perl call that script... it's
working... thx

joao