Re: Inofficial call for papers FOSDEM 2008 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Inofficial call for papers FOSDEM 2008
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 01:42 +0200, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:04:39 +0200 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>
> > we need to plan the FOSDEM in early 2008 in Brussels.
> > As stated in earlier mails we try to get a dedicated devroom in
> > cooperation with *BSD.
> >
> > This means, we will have 18 slots for talks on two days, 9 for PG, 9 for BSD.
> > That means, we have to fill this 9 slots (plus 1, 2 standby). This mail
> > is just a request to let me know, if we will have this talks available.
> > This is not an official application, that will be around october,
> > november. I talked with Daniel Seuffert from the FreeBSD project about
> > the devroom and he asked me, if we can have this devroom together and
> > if the PostgreSQL project can fill the available timeslots.
> >
> > So, hands up (or mail me), who is interested and what kind of talk you want to give.
>
> FOSDEM in Brussels in on the radar and we should make plans. The event takes
> place 23th and 24th february 2008.
>
> I exchanged some mails with Daniel Seuffert from the FreeBSD group in Germany,
> he will try to get a devroom, which will get shared by BSD and PostgreSQL. If this
> venture is successful, we have to come up with a plan for proposed talks.
>
> Back in June, the time i wrote my initial mail, i got responses which made me think,
> we will have enough talks to fill in our slots. Thats good, because without this
> about "i can give a talk about ...", but no exact theme names. A talk about 8.3 would
> be nice, as example.
>
> So anybody who wants to give a talk in our devroom at FOSDEM please send me
> some more details along with the title, description and the info, in which category
> you would put your talk. I will collect the informations and both forward them to
> Daniel and summarize them here.

I can make it to FOSDEM.

Can't see any list of previously proposed talks, so I'll just propose
these:

1. "PostgreSQL 8.3 New Features"

2. "PostgreSQL High Availability"

Will do the second talk if we don't have enough speakers or we have a
drop-out.

I'll be making use of the DevRoom and looking forward to discussing any
new features people want to talk about, depending upon which
developers/users turn up.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com