Re: Inofficial call for papers FOSDEM 2008 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Inofficial call for papers FOSDEM 2008
Date
Re: Inofficial call for papers FOSDEM 2008  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: Inofficial call for papers FOSDEM 2008  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: Inofficial call for papers FOSDEM 2008  (Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:04:39 +0200 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> we need to plan the FOSDEM in early 2008 in Brussels.
> As stated in earlier mails we try to get a dedicated devroom in
> cooperation with *BSD.
>
> This means, we will have 18 slots for talks on two days, 9 for PG, 9 for BSD.
> That means, we have to fill this 9 slots (plus 1, 2 standby). This mail
> is just a request to let me know, if we will have this talks available.
> This is not an official application, that will be around october,
> november. I talked with Daniel Seuffert from the FreeBSD project about
> the devroom and he asked me, if we can have this devroom together and
> if the PostgreSQL project can fill the available timeslots.
>
> So, hands up (or mail me), who is interested and what kind of talk you want to give.

FOSDEM in Brussels in on the radar and we should make plans. The event takes
place 23th and 24th february 2008.

I exchanged some mails with Daniel Seuffert from the FreeBSD group in Germany,
he will try to get a devroom, which will get shared by BSD and PostgreSQL. If this
venture is successful, we have to come up with a plan for proposed talks.

Back in June, the time i wrote my initial mail, i got responses which made me think,
we will have enough talks to fill in our slots. Thats good, because without this
about "i can give a talk about ...", but no exact theme names. A talk about 8.3 would
be nice, as example.

So anybody who wants to give a talk in our devroom at FOSDEM please send me
some more details along with the title, description and the info, in which category
you would put your talk. I will collect the informations and both forward them to
Daniel and summarize them here.

By the way, we will try to get a booth in any case so we could need some hands
for help.

Thanks & kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum