Re: brin regression test intermittent failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: brin regression test intermittent failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Fixed, see 79f2b5d583e2e2a7; but AFAICS this has no real-world impact
>> so it does not explain whatever is happening on chipmunk.

> Ah, thanks for diagnosing that.

> The chipmunk failure is strange -- notice it only references the
> = operators, except for type box for which it's ~= that fails.  The test
> includes a lot of operators ...

Actually not --- if you browse through the last half dozen failures
on chipmunk you will notice that

(1) the set of operators complained of varies a bit from one failure
to the next;

(2) more often than not, this is one of the failures:

WARNING:  no results for (boxcol,@>,box,"((1,2),(300,400))")

Certainly the majority of the complaints are about equality operators,
but not quite all of them.

> Also, we have quite a number of ARM boxes: apart from chipmunk we have
> gull, hamster, mereswine, dangomushi, axolotl, grison.  (hamster and
> chipmunk report hostname -m as "armv6l", the others armv7l).  All of
> them are running Linux, either Fedora or Debian.  Most are using gcc,
> compilation flags look pretty standard.

I have no idea what might be different about chipmunk compared to any
other ARM buildfarm critter ... Heikki, any thoughts on that?