Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/04/2015 08:55 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:

> Personally, I'd rather we publish a list of formally vetted and approved
> versions of PGXN modules. There are many benefits to that, and the
> downside of not having that stuff as part of make check would be
> overcome by the explicit testing we would need to have for approved
> modules.

I tried to come up with more words but: Exactly.

The benefit to this idea so far exceeds the benefit to having contrib.

Sincerely,

JD

--
The most kicking donkey PostgreSQL Infrastructure company in existence.
The oldest, the most experienced, the consulting company to the stars.