Re: Bug: dblink_send_query not work on 9.2? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug: dblink_send_query not work on 9.2?
Date
List pgsql-general
aasat <satriani@veranet.pl> writes:
> This work

> do $$
> begin
>   perform dblink.dblink_connect('internal');

I believe that creates an unnamed connection referencing a foreign
server definition named "internal".

>   perform dblink.dblink_exec('internal', 'set application_name=''dblink'';',
> true);

This is going to find that "internal" is not the name of any known
dblink connection (since the one that does exist is unnamed).  So it
creates a transient connection of its own using "internal" as a
connection string, ie a fresh reference to the foreign server.  For the
duration of this command, there are two connections to the remote
database.

>   perform dblink.dblink_disconnect();

And that closes the unnamed connection.

>   perform dblink.dblink_send_query('internal', 'select dummy();');

This is going to fail because there is no dblink connection named
"internal".  Unlike dblink_exec, there is no support for making a
transient connection for just the duration of the function call,
since it wouldn't be sensible --- the connection has to persist
so you can get the result back.

Use the two-parameter form of dblink_connect() so you can make a
named connection.

> It's works without problems on version 9.0

Consulting the commit logs, I see that that was a bug we fixed
as of 9.1.