Re: Odbc connection - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Odbc connection
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 16:05 -0400, Sugrue, Sean wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to postgres through an odbc connection from my PC.
> Does the connection need to be enabled
> on the server side when postgres and downloaded and compiled or is it
> enabled by default or does it matter.

You need to enable listening on the network in postgresql.conf
(listen_addresses = '*') and you also need to permit access to the
particular remote machine in pg_hba.conf by setting up an appropriate
host connection.  After changing those files you need to restart the
server or at least send it a SIGHUP.  Any firewall needs to allow
through packets for port 5432 (or whatever else you are using).

   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html

believed to be clean.