Re: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit
Date
Re: psql CLI: warn about ongoing transaction on exit  (Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 20:34 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> users=> begin;
> BEGIN
> [...]
> users=> \q
> $ ...
>
> It would be really nice if psql prompted me whether I wanted to do
> this. As it stands, it just rolls back the transaction."

At a minimum, I think we could make the fact that the transaction
has been rolled back more obvious (e.g. echo a ROLLBACK command tag
to the output or a similar warning message). Asking for confirmation
might be too chatty, and it's certainly not possible in
non-interactive mode.

-Neil