v9 beta 2 - Build on Solaris SPARC - links to two different libxml2 implementations? - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Lou Picciano
Subject v9 beta 2 - Build on Solaris SPARC - links to two different libxml2 implementations?
Date
List pgsql-testers

[TEST REPORT]

[Release]: 9.0beta2 - via source

[Test Type]: Configure and Install

[Test]: Build of PostgreSQL on Solaris; as usual, it's a nice, smooth, easy process.  Thanks, Team!

We tend to build with custom packages, sometimes custom-built themselves, so experiment with the various environment variables to see if they get us where we want to be:

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib"

export LIBS=" -lssl -lcrypto -lsasl2 -lz -lm"

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include"

export PYTHON="/usr/local/bin/python3"

[Platform]: Solaris quad Enterprise 450

[Parameters]: We do have libxml2 installed, under the /usr/local 'tree' and, for the moment, have made no effort to remove any SUN-provided xml2 package.

[Failure]: NO

[Results]:

Configure/Build proceeds smoothly, without error.

But linking appears to be looking for two different versions of libxml...??

Checking results of linking produces the following - ambiguous? - output:

# ldd src/backend/postgres

        libxml2.so.2 =>  /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2

        libxml2.so.2 (SUNW_1.6) =>       (version not found)

[Comments]: Haven't yet assessed what the impact of this might be at runtime; wanted to run it by the experts first.