How can I avoid PGPool as a single point of failure? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From snewman18@gmail.com
Subject How can I avoid PGPool as a single point of failure?
Date
List pgsql-general
My application currently has a single PG 8.2 database server, and I'm
bringing more boxes online to mitigate the risk of a single point of
failure.

I'm interested in using PGPool to do the load balancing, and it was
suggested that I put one server running PGPool in front of two
database servers. This only seems to move my risk to the PGPool
machine.

Is it possible to point two servers running PGPool at the same two
database servers? If so, I seem to recall reading about being able to
use some kind of virtual IP address to split the traffic to both.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!