Re: Dropping a database that does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Dropping a database that does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
"Uwe C. Schroeder" <uwe@oss4u.com> writes:
> I don't think you have duplicate databases - that would be the first time I
> heard that postgreSQL supports that.
> Are you sure you didn't create the database with a name that just doesn't
> print?

That's one possibility that I was wondering about; another was there
somehow being two entries in pg_shadow for the same usesysid, which'd
result in apparent "duplicate" output from queries that involve joining
pg_database and pg_shadow.  That's why I wanted to know exactly what
was leading to the conclusion that there were duplicate databases.

            regards, tom lane