Re: Confusing performance of specific query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Endicott
Subject Re: Confusing performance of specific query
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 9, 10:47 pm, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
> Do you have comparable work_mem settings on both machines?  Another
> thing to look at, if any of the sort key columns are textual, is whether
> the lc_collate settings are the same.

work_mem is commented out in both postgresql.conf files:
desktop: #work_mem = 1MB
production: #work_mem = 1024

So I guess they use the defaults?

Ahh, but lc_collate is different (assuming I'm finding it right). On
my machine it's set to "C", and on the production server it's set to
"en_US.UTF-8". I'm going to have to do some research to figure out
what that does.