Re: GUC for default heap fillfactor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: GUC for default heap fillfactor
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 12:17 +0530, Pavan Deolasee wrote:

> OK. I wish to have a config parameter so that DBA can set
> the system level default and then override that (if required) for
> each table. It will also be useful for experimenting with different
> fillfactor. The only way today is either to recompile your sources
> or change the parameter in every CREATE TABLE statement.

Why not just put an extra file into your test script that issues ALTER
TABLE statements on appropriate tables? If you run this between CREATE
and COPY you won't have to edit a thing. You'll be able to more easily
control the tables you want to set, so you'll be in less danger of
having a gain on one table wiped out by a loss on another table.

--  Simon Riggs EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com