Re: HOT patch - version 13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: HOT patch - version 13
Date
Re: HOT patch - version 13  ("Pavan Deolasee" <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 18:25 +0530, Pavan Deolasee wrote:

> I am posting the version 13 of HOT patch on pgsql-patches. It
> includes the changes based on feedback received on version 11.

I think we need a change log, so we can see which feedback has resulted
in changes and which has not. Otherwise we'll end up needing to re-read
the patch frequently. I'll be straight up and say I don't read every
version you put out, especially in recent months. You can really expect
most people to eyeball it only once, so we need a way to ensure every
reviewer's comment that results in a change is tracked.

I wish I had done this myself with async commit, though the
changes/suggestions were relatively modest in comparison to HOT.

Perhaps if we start that from now on? That will help as we move towards
final reviews and commit. We seem to be discussing smaller aspects of
the patch now.

--  Simon Riggs EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com