Re: HOT patch - version 13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: HOT patch - version 13
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 8/7/07, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 18:25 +0530, Pavan Deolasee wrote:

> I am posting the version 13 of HOT patch on pgsql-patches. It
> includes the changes based on feedback received on version 11.

I think we need a change log, so we can see which feedback has resulted
in changes and which has not. Otherwise we'll end up needing to re-read
the patch frequently. I'll be straight up and say I don't read every
version you put out, especially in recent months. You can really expect
most people to eyeball it only once, so we need a way to ensure every
reviewer's comment that results in a change is tracked.

I agree and I shall do that henceforth. In fact, once we know that
people have started looking at the patch and would like to see
the incremental change, I shall post a combine patch as well as
incremental diffs from the previous version.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee