Re: finding out vacuum completion %, and vacuum VS vacuum full - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sergei Shelukhin
Subject Re: finding out vacuum completion %, and vacuum VS vacuum full
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok here's the update after ~30 hours we have killed vacuum full and
did vacuum on the tables we freed.
However, VACUUM hasn't freed any space at all 0_o
We want to launch vacuum full on per-table basis but we can't have any
more downtime right now so we will launch it at night today.

The original question still stands, is there any way to diagnose
vacuum full time-to-run?
Or any way to optimize it besides the obvious (maintenace_work_mem &
max_fsm_pages increases and no workload)?
Can someone please help with this one?

I wonder why are people only trying to help w/simple question or when
I flame 0_o