Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k o b j ect - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k o b j ect
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Dorochevsky,Michel" <michel.dorochevsky@softcon.de> writes:
> I am not used to the command line tools. So I made a backup
> using the pgadmin GUI. I selected options 'PLAIN format', 'with OIDs' and
> 'schema only'. See
>     www.dorochevsky.de/infos/TestSchema.txt
> I hope that is what you needed.

Yeah, this is great, particularly since it includes the OIDs.  However,
the OIDs don't seem to entirely match up with the LOCK_DEBUG output.
I'm wondering if somehow we're locking the wrong OIDs?  Hard to believe
a bug like that could've escaped detection though.  Still trying to
trace through it to see where things first go wrong.  (If anyone else is
looking at this, note that a constraint's index will generally have an
OID one less than the constraint, so you can infer the OIDs of indexes
that aren't explicitly given in the dump.)

            regards, tom lane