Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 10:29 -0400, Jignesh K. Shah wrote:
> The count is only for a 10-second snapshot.. Plus remember there are
> about 1000 users running so the connection  being profiled only gets
> 0.01 of the period on CPU..  And the count is for that CONNECTION only.

Is that for one process, or all processes aggregated in some way?

>  CheckpointStartLock          Shared               6
>  CheckpointStartLock       Exclusive             102

That's definitely whacked. Surely we didn't start 102 checkpoints yet
attempt to commit 6 times?

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com