Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > Well, I discover there is an allocation of 8232 (inflation...) made once
> > per statement by a memory context called... ExecutorState. Still not
> > sure exactly which allocation this is, but its definitely once per
> > statement on pgbench, which should narrow it down. Plan, query etc?
>
> Are you working with stock sources?  The only allocation exceeding 1K
> that I can see during pgbench is BTScanOpaqueData, which is 6600 bytes.
> (Checked by setting a conditional breakpoint on AllocSetAlloc.)  The
> path that allocates a single-chunk block is never taken at all.

I do have the bitmap patch currently applied, but it doesn't touch that
part of the code.

(gdb) p size
$1 = 8232

(gdb) p sizeof(int)
$2 = 4

(gdb) p sizeof(BTScanPosData)
$3 = 4104

Since my notes say I got 8228 last year, seems reasonable.

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com