Re: Index non-usage problem in 8.2.9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Index non-usage problem in 8.2.9
Date
List pgsql-general
Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net> writes:
> Starting with a fresh database I got the same results you did, but not
> with my production table.

So, what's different between your table declaration and my toy example?

Can you force it to use the partial index by dropping the other index?
(Use begin; drop index ...; explain ...; rollback; to avoid dropping
the index for real.)  It's quite unclear at this point whether it
believes it *cannot* use the partial index, or whether it just thinks
the other index is cheaper.

            regards, tom lane