Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)
Date
Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 01:28 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:
>
>     http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches
>
> It will be applied as soon as one of the PostgreSQL committers reviews
> and approves it.

> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Latest version of synchronous_commit = on | off
> >
> > Applies cleanly to CVS HEAD. Passes make check with/without
> > synchronous_commit on in postgresql.conf, while running
> > --enable-cassert.
> >
> > I expect to review this tomorrow to make sure everything is correctly
> > changed before requesting final review/commit.
> >
> > Docs included at top of main patch.
> >
> > All comments welcome.

Here's the latest version. I've reviewed this to check that this does
what I want it to do, re-written various comments and changed a few
minor points in the code.

I've also added a chunk to transam/README that describes the workings of
the patch from a high level.

Now ready for final review.

--
  Simon Riggs