Re: Deferred RI trigger for non-key UPDATEs and subxacts - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Deferred RI trigger for non-key UPDATEs and subxacts
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 00:12 +0100, Affan Salman wrote:
> With some time to spare, I thought I'd submit a quick-fix patch to the
> issue I reported here:
>
>       http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-07/msg00339.php
>
> This should preclude optimizing away a deferred RI trigger if the
> UPDATEd row (in the FK table) was inserted by "current" transaction
> (i.e. defined by TransactionIdIsCurrentTransactionId()) and not
> necessarily "by our own transaction" as the code currently says.

Good bug fix, looks correct to me.

I've re-checked all the call points of GetCurrentTransactionId() to see
if there was any further abuse of it, but cannot find any.

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com