Re: Synchronous Commit Doc Patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Synchronous Commit Doc Patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 12:38 -0500, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> One question... can operations that shortcut the WAL by fsyncing direct
> to disk also use async commit? I suspect the answer is an implicit "no"
> because the only examples I can think of all involve DDL, but it's
> probably worth spelling that out...

They can, but the WAL-avoiding ops are all designed for bulk ops, so
you'll get something like 0.0001% benefit by using async commit for
them.

They are just as safe/unsafe as other async commits.

Thanks for reading.

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com