Re: creating/accessing new runtime parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: creating/accessing new runtime parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
<brook@biology.nmsu.edu> writes:
> Tom Lane writes:
>>> The basic thing is to add an appropriate table entry to guc.c.

> I take it there is not way to do this dynamically, for example to
> support a dynamically loaded function?

Not at the moment, although IIRC the guc.c data structures are designed
to make it possible to add things on-the-fly.  (There's a pointer table
that's built dynamically, and in theory could contain more entries than
are in the hardcoded tables.)  You'd need to add a routine to actually
add an entry ... and figure out where to call it from ...