Re: PL/Python patch for Universal Newline Support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PL/Python patch for Universal Newline Support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 02:50:47AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The PLs have their own regression tests in their individual src/pl
>> directories; feel free to hack on those (most are pretty lame :-()

> Thanks -- I'll add some tests there and resubmit.

One thing that needs some thought is how you are going to test this
robustly.  I'd not feel any great deal of confidence in a test that
expects that we can push \r\n sequences into CVS and expect them to
survive unmodified into distributed filesets.  Every so often someone
commits a DOS-newlines file into CVS, and they hear about it PDQ...

            regards, tom lane