Historical Data Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lza
Subject Historical Data Question
Date
Re: Historical Data Question  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Re: Historical Data Question  (Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky@batory.org.pl>)
Re: Historical Data Question  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
List pgsql-general
Can anyone help me with this problem?

I have a table in my database that holds information on policies and
this table is linked to a number of other tables. I need to be able to
keep a history of all changes to a policy over time. The other tables
that are linked to policy also need to store historical data. When I
run a query on the policy table for a certain period, I also need to
be able to pull the correct related rows (i.e. the information that
would have been in the table at that time) from the tables linked to
it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to store historical
information in databases? Any good resources (books, etc..) that cover
this information?

Thanks for your time.